Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wrapping up a GREAT 3 Weeks!

We completed our Social Studies unit on Native Americans this week. The students and I have really enjoyed learning about shelter, clothes, and sports this week. Many of them got the opportunity to play Native American stick ball, also known as Lacrosse. I played a year in college, so I was able to show them some pictures of a real game. They have enjoyed playing at recess. We learned a lot about where the Native Americans lived and what kinds of clothes they wore. Continue to ask your children what they learned, I want to keep this information fresh in their head for MAP testing! I am so proud of all the students; everyone improved on their tests! I have started planning for our next unit on Motion and Sound! We are once again going to learn so much and have a ton of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment